Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Day 68: Blue Military Jacket Two




This is how I originally conceived this jacket - with the frilly bit around the bottom. And I think it works well like that. It's a feminine frippery thrown around the bottom of a more severe jacket, and that's how it was all designed to go together. Then, obviously, in the making of the garment, I had the chance to see it without the frill - and it looked as good if not better.



The jacket took quite a while to figure out, but not long to pull together after I worked out how to do what I was doing. I wanted to have wrinkles and all sorts of complicated doodads, but I'm just not that advanced yet, so I made do with a few symbolic lines and some totally pinched buttons. I did make the belt buckle myself :)

And today I'm on location somewhere else! But where? Contact me with the answer, and I'll arrange for you to get something nifty.

No comments: